Monday, May 20, 2013

What Do You Do?



Another day dawns, another thought forms. Welcome to another random Monday blog here on In The Mind Of My Mind. Can't believe its another Monday already; seems like just yesterday it was Sunday. Anywhore let get the show started; at my job they have this health and wellness program going on that sorta got me thinking about today's topic. The number one illness to fear in a corporate working environment is not the common cold, nor the chicken pox, hell its not even AID's; it's simply stress. Stress is the number one cause of illness, nervous break downs and god he knows what else that can possibly go wrong in concerns to work. So what you may ask is the answer to the dilemma of stress? Having a hobby...


Whether its qwopping, exercising, cosplaying, shopping, sex, volunteering; we all as human beings need an outlet where we can enjoy ourself. This is primarily referred to as a hobby; this is defined as an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure. Personally I blog as my hobby even though at times it feels like work but I also play video games, surf the net, read manga, watch anime and do PC repairs. Different people have different hobbies but one thing is certain; you need to have at least one so you can lead a happy and healthy life. The more the merrier so if you have a hobby don't waste it, cause even men locked up in prison make the most of their hobbies so why shouldn't you?


So whats stopping you? Share your thoughts and hobbies in the comment section below...

6 comments

Anonymous
May 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM

....add eating and sleeping to the list of stress relievers please. For me, nothing beats food and uninterrupted sleep.

FJG

Livie
May 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

U could read,n get lost inside a different world every time u open a book or surf the net for a manga or anime that u haven't seen or read. one could also actually get up off their ass and go try something new that involves working with their hands or learning a new skill. U cud do voluntary work or even something as simple as finding that person that makes u smile no matter what, the possibilities are endless. But as long as ur having fun and not stressing that is what counts.

May 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM

lmao. im sure others out there share your opinion.

May 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

yup thats what it all boils down to.

Anonymous
May 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM

That 1st video; EPIC :-D. Of course stress is no laughing matter, kudos to your work place for shedding some light on it. I think as a nation we don't give it the amount of focus it needs to ensue that our ppl prosper. Since stress not only affects our peace of mind when we are in a situation, but also our overall functioning from the physical to the social; its extreamly important for people to understand how to cope with stress.
Like with most other things in life its to each his own. Livie I'm in total agreement with reading as a hobby. The escapism it provides is spectacular. Plus the fact that each new line presents the opportunity to learn something new! That in itself is pretty darn exciting. I love me some books :-). Admittedly I dislike almost all physical activity (lazy I know) I am one of those who rarely get off my ass. I will however vouch for the fulfillment one recieves from participating in a worth while cause so volunteering does have a place on my stress relief list. Few things clear my mind like have a good bath or even a shower. Get me around water when my hackles rise and you see me simmer down in an instant. There is just something about water that totally calms me dowm. As far as physical activities go - the kitchen is the furthest I'll go. I love to eat therefore I will cook from now until thy kingdom comes, especially if I have others to share the meal with. I love love love to cook. The way I see it if I like to eat I might as well learn to cook. Thus I paid attention growing up. I will try just to make things I can't even pronounce. Just let me see it or taste it once and I will try to replicate it. Of course I'm no genius in the kitchen but my creations are always edible and there are generally no side effects besides niggaritis/ethnic fatigue :-).
So hey whatever floats your boat. Anything that can distract you from your stress as long as it is not self distructive is a great way to deal with it since the endorphines produced when we are happy contirbutes to getting us in a relaxed state which is generally enough for most people to cope with daily hassles.

May 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

just doing my part to reach out to the peoples. lol

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits