Tuesday, January 15, 2013

ONE LOVE: JAMAICAN BLOGGER TAG


So yeah I got tagged by this idle ass niggah named Alwayne AlterEgo Brown who runs a blog called theincompleteid10t so now i'm obligated to do this and help spread the fame and wealth of blogging around for one and all. Above you can find the most Jamaican picture of myself that I own; honestly not much of a Jamaican except by birth cause mostly grew up overseas. I'm kinda like a double stuffed Oreo at this point, where i'm only black on the outside but everything on the inside is white, from my personality to my speech to my choice in foods and music. So excited I got to share; lets find out what this Jamaican Blogger Tag is all about...




The rules for this tag:
· Title your post “One Love: Jamaican Blogger Tag”
· Link back to the blogger who tagged you
· Copy and paste the rules at the beginning of your tag.
· Copy and paste the questions as well so readers know what’s going on.
· Answer the questions because quite frankly questions were made to be answered
· Tag seven other Jamaican Bloggers to continue the trend. (this is not gonna happen cause I really don't even know that many Jamaican bloggers to be honest.)

The questions are as follows:
1) Why did you give your blog its name? (If it is named directly after you, try and make your answer interesting. eg: Did you feel nervous at all about putting your name out there? Did you just lack creativity at the time?)
2) Why did you start blogging and why do you blog now?
3) Do you think being Jamaican influences your blogging style?
4) What do you think about the increase in Bloggers in Jamaica?
5) What is your favourite thing about being Jamaican?
6) Ackee and salt-fish or “ (mackerel) run down”?
7) Stew peas or stew chicken?
8) Tastee Patties, Juici Beef Patties or Mother’s?
9) Pantucky or KFC?
10) What do you hope to be the future of blogging in Jamaica?


So now that we have that out of the way:

1) Why did you give your blog its name?
Honestly i'm a sucker for alliteration. I think its a pretty cool literary device and it takes a bit of skill to implement at times but it helps to have a large vocabulary. So that was just my little bit of fun; but a better example of alliteration would be this video; shit gets real around the 0:35 second mark.




2) Why did you start blogging and why do you blog now?
It was always something I was interested in because I like to write but kept putting it off because of laziness. Granted my grammar sucks at times; I usually wrote creative short stories from time to time, but as time marched on over the years I wrote less and less. Eventually I only found myself writing when I had no access to the internet or a video game. Anyone who knows me in real life knows that this is a rarity. So when I tried to apply for a job as a video game journalist and they told me I needed to have a blog or online presence that demonstrated my use of  the craft I kind of took that as the proverbial fire under my ass that I needed to get started. Currently I still maintain blogging because I have come to amass a small following of sorts. People count on me to provide them with either something entertaining or a bit of gaming news to help them out. Gaming is a priority always and forever and it is important that I carry on providing people with an outlet to experience it and other important life lessons.


3) Do you think being Jamaican influences your blogging style?
Nope cause like I mentioned before i'm pretty much a white boy on the inside. I usually joke about it but I would reckon i'm more Canadian in nature than Jamaican at this point. After living there all these years and meshing with the culture and people I find myself very happy and at peace there. So yeah moving right along...

4) What do you think about the increase in Bloggers in Jamaica?
I think its a pretty cool thing; its a step in the right direction showing we are moving forwards as far as social media and technology are concerned and that's always a good thing. As a third world country its good to know we are making strides to at least keep up with growing and emerging trends on the world stage. The tools are there to be used; its just the people that have to find the desire to use them for the greater good.

5) What is your favorite thing about being Jamaican?
I think that would probably be my easy going nature. I think that is a typical staple point of Jamaica on a whole because of our way of life here we aren't as stressed out or frantic with the dealings of everyday life. Through this demeanor we are able to overcome most if not all trials and tribulations we are faced with. That would be my diplomatic and proper answer to that question. My honest answer however would be the lack of copyright laws here that enable us to freely download any and everything from the internet.




6) Ackee and salt-fish or “ (mackerel) run down”?
Definitely Ackee and Saltfish cause it has way more substance and taste than 'run down' has to me. Feel free to cast your own opinions after clicking the links of both.

7) Stew peas or stew chicken?
Stew peas without a doubt. BEEF > CHICKEN all day every day. CASE CLOSED!!!

8) Tastee Patties, Juici Beef Patties or Mother’s?
This is a highly debatable topic and many a time I have had this conversation, for those who don't know what a patty is feel free to check this link out. Now to the matter at hand; Mothers is the poor people's patty restaurant of choice but because of this their food is of an inferior quality. All their food is of a paler color which i link to the aforementioned point as well as their patties have a papery taste/feel to them. Tastee patties are OK for the most part but they are flat, they don't have much sense of them being a baked item where the flour rose while being baked. A perfect example of this is their coco bread which while big and good value for your money is flat and more like unleavened bread instead of being soft and airy like you would expect baked dough to be. So our winner is Juici Beef; while they may seem the most expensive you pay for the quality of service and goods that are being served to you.

Now Thats Juici Beef Goodness

9) Pantucky or KFC?
Neither to be honest if possible. Yes le gasp I know; a black guy that doesn't like fried chicken or such. Such a travesty but oh well; I kinda have a phobia of bones I guess you would call it. Ever since I was a kid I always hated bones and would always waste the chicken and get cussed out by my parents so I kinda just stopped eating chicken unless its like the Breast which is mostly meat and minimal bone so I can just peel off the big chunk of meat and eat that. However just in-case I had to pick on I would choose KFC cause they sell Popcorn Chicken and Zingers which have no bones.

10) What do you hope to be the future of blogging in Jamaica?
Honestly just that it becomes a more recognized and appreciated form of journalism. Maybe even companies taking an interest in buying ad space on blog sites to reach their target demographics more or such. Hopefully maybe even having a personal blog can be used on a resume as more than just a hobby but instead be seen as practical work experience.


Let The Tagging Begin


9 comments

January 15, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Oi!! Im not an idle ass niggah lmao. This was interesting tho never know you were made in jamaican but shipped to canada. I like your number 10 answer too (Y)

January 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

yes you is most definitely an idle ass niggah. lol.

Renie Ashlie
January 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Awwwww I feel very honored for being tagged in your post Rion :) thanx a lot and yes this is a lil fire on my ass to start bk up my blog will most definately consider a time to start posting again

January 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM

haha self proclaimed oreo

January 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM

so it was written so it was done.

January 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

lets hope that lil flame turns into a huge bonfire

January 16, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Been wondering where your ass was at <.<

March 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Seriously # 5 cracked me up. Brilliant-love the honesty.

August 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM

love the first response and the intro. humorous.

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits