Monday, May 2, 2011

Forever To Bear The Shame - The Beginning

Gameplay - 4/10
Storyline - 6/10
Graphics - 4/10
Game Score : 14/30

As a gamer I take immense pride and satisfaction in completing any game that I play but sadly I am an imperfect creature and as such cannot always accomplish my goals. Hence the theme of this weeks gaming blog entries; as I review the only games that I have never successfully completed, today's game is The Wizard of Oz on Super Nintendo. I was only nine years old when I encountered this game and to this day I regret my failure as a gamer not being able to complete it. This game was painstaking on so many different levels that I feel sorry for the poor child that ended up having to play this game when my mother gave away my Super Nintendo.
The game centers around the star Dorothy and her adventure to find her way back home just like in the movie. She is the first character you will have in the game, and the most important. If Dorothy's lives are eliminated, the game is over, Dorothy is trying to see the Wizard of Oz so he can send her home, and along the way she also wants to get Toto back from the Wicked Witch of the West. You get to play as three other characters from the movie throughout the course of the game: The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, The Cowardly Lion. I am happy to find out later in life that it was not merely for lack of skill or trying that I failed to complete this game, but mostly in part to how horrible a game it actually was. Honestly I hated this game when I was young and hate it even more now that I can pinpoint all the various flaws that made me unable to beat this game. This game should never have been made and sadly will forever remain a blemish on my gaming career. Screw you Wizard of OZ...


10 comments

Al
May 3, 2011 at 12:57 AM

that looks horrible Rion. I think Aladdin was a much better.

May 3, 2011 at 12:58 AM

lmao ive never seen a game dat lame b4 like im cracking myself up on hw much it is shitty bt ty i didnt av to play n never av to also llol

May 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM

lol @ Al can i tell you.
@ Renie yea its pretty bad looking back on it.

Olivia
May 3, 2011 at 11:35 PM

"is this the wizard of oz or pee wee's play house"-lol. say was gonna "tisk tisk tisk....u were beaten by the game," but after watching the vid, i realize that the game is extremely laaaaaaaaaaame and virtually impossible to win. i'd mash it up out of frustration, cuz nobody shud have to go thru that.

Olivia
May 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM

was gonna say....*

May 4, 2011 at 1:43 AM

ikr @ Olivia

May 4, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I have to say that I never finished most of my Nes games including TMNT

May 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Poll for Have You Ever Been Unable To Beat A Game? ended with 3 votes for yes and 0 votes for no

Anonymous
May 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM

TMNT on NES is probably one of the hardest game I've played. It's not even a good game which makes life more awesome. Would be my list of unfinished games except I don't count games I never owned.

Just out of curiosity. Anyone play Bayou Billy...

I love it so... and you will too. XD

- .... . -... --- ... ...

Anonymous
May 7, 2011 at 12:59 AM

*games
omg spelling

F UCK!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits