Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why?


So here we are again for a random Wednesday blog rant and oddly enough I find myself writing about makeup. It's usefulness, purpose and rise to prominence has eluded me for many a years; largely because i'm a man I would assume but oddly enough i'm about 60% sure thats part of who its to appeal to. There is obviously the other 40% mainly comprising of movie makeup but most times when referring to makeup one automatically thinks of a girl putting it on to help get noticed by the opposite sex. Now I wouldn't go as far as to say makeup serves no purpose even though honestly I am not a fan of it; but I really don't see why some females seem to feel the need to place such emphasis on it. Most times I personally find seeing a girl in makeup a big turn off, so i can only assume other men might have a penchant to think similarly. Then again I guess I could attribute that to my weirdness in general.




I can see and appreciate the logic behind what the lady in the above video mentioned and would go one step further to include that if at anytime you or another person has an issue with your ability to adhere to those three main guidelines that maybe you shouldn't be wearing the makeup. Now I know some will say a wide variety of reasons for wearing makeup but in all honesty the only really significant logical reason is for covering up blemishes such as acne. Personally the only makeup I see the need for is lip oriented and even then it tends to introduce a certain level of awkwardness when kissing not to mention the potential of makeup in general to rub off on clothing. Even though I am not an advocate of makeup I do admit it does fit some people whether it's because they have natural beauty that is enhanced from using the makeup or because they are just very good at applying it. However I would prefer knowing a girl for being herself than for what she will eventually be washing off in the bathroom sink later. It just seems like the main premise of makeup is for deceiving the opposite sex; I mean fake boobs are one thing but just how much as a man am I to turn a blind eye to. Case in point...




Honestly I have to admit she does make good use of makeup in its entirety to weave the web of lies she portrays herself under. Looks really shouldn't be that important in our society that females should have to hide the reality of who they are; but alas life sucks and society gets more and more judgmental each day. As much as this was mostly just a rant from seeing one too many plaster faced ladies I just want to emphasize that their is such a thing as natural beauty. All females have it; you as the individual just need to know who is worthwhile and willing to recognize and appreciate it and not waste your time on ones who do not. Do you and be you; if makeup is your thing or a necessity please do it in moderation, if it is just a passing fancy then go with it as you see accordingly and if you don't use makeup continue not to do so...^_^

18 comments

April 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM

well personally i like make up just for my eyes, wen i wear it my eyes look so much brigter n cuter nt that they rnt now but colors creates wonders :) well for the ladies that wear it to suit others big no no, do it 4 urself n expression of how u feel etc :D

Chu^_^

April 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM

if you dont wear it for others then why not wear it all the time when your at home or such? why only wear it when your going out to a function or gathering of sorts?

April 28, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Well for me, I am not a big fan of makeup. I only use it for special occasions or when I feel to really dress up. I think it is like bleaching, once u start to use it frequently u have to continue using more to keep that look that you desire. Sometimes, I have to wonder if it's a rocket science! Yes, you can look like your favourite movie star or idol with a couple of colours and shades but that takes hours in front of the mirror to get that same tone etc. That's too much work.

April 28, 2011 at 1:48 AM

well said Shameica. happy to hear your thoughts. good to hear more girls points of view.

Olivia
April 28, 2011 at 8:14 AM

i agreee with Sham, so i'll try not to repeat.honestly i c wearing makeup as putting on a mask, especially depending on how musch u wear, cuz some females just wear lipgloss and eyeliner, which not even really necessary to begin with.I've seen women spend how much money and spend hours applying and reapplying that mess to their skin to hide their insecurities so much that they make it apart of them. It rubs of on ur clothes and keeps their man from getting too close to them (it's a repelant just like the weave n wigs). women continuously put chemicals n such on their bodies thinking that they need to improve themselves and fall to the misconception that that is what beauty is and that they always need to add something to themselves in order to be accepted as being "beautiful". Self acceptance is a beautiful thing. we are all physically unique in our own way, just wish the majority could c it that way.

Rizz
April 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM

i rarely wear it & if i do its just gloss & liner. my thing is that makeup shouldnt make you look like a completely different person but yet these days everybody wants to look like they got IRL shooped >_>

April 28, 2011 at 12:41 PM

i can totally see the merit of gloss and liner to help accentuate certain things on occasion. don't see why some people feel the need to be photoshopped in real life.

Derrie
April 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I think makeup debases women in the sense that it makes them focus too much on artificial beauty rather than paying attention to their lifestyle that affects their natural beauty. The women that I am speaking of are the ones who apply too much or apply enough to make themselves look different, usually for the purpose of getting admiration or compliments. I don't see a problem with mild makeup, such as lipstick but the truth is that some women look worse in makeup and others do not know how to use makeup.

Women were born without makeup on their faces so it is not necessary. God must have known what he/she/it was doing. I think the real reason for makeup though is to create a self-image that is widely portrayed as beautiful. Which brings me back to my earlier point of getting admiration and compliments. Another thing to note is that older women wear makeup to hide wrinkles. It is simply a method of deceiving the observer and themselves into thinking that she is younger than she really appears. Get over it, looks fade! On the one hand, I can understand the pressures of society and how women are viewed. They ought to look good, or so it seems. Therefore, women who are not naturally beautiful (according to other people’s opinion) seek to become so and women who are naturally beautiful (once again according to other people’s opinion) seek to enhance their beauty. So it makes sense, given the way societal mindset works. On the other hand however, a woman must have pride and must value herself. She should not allow herself to fall victim to the views of other people and thus alter her image to suit those views. It’s easier said than done but it can be done.

If think that if women eat right, get enough sleep, immunize their self-esteem against the toxicity of what society thinks and take proper care of their skin then they would not have to rely on the temporary and deceptive wonders of makeup.

Michelle-Lee
April 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Like Renee said, from time to time i use it on my eyes cos it brings out the natural brown in my eyes more. But aside from that i tend to steer clear of the stuff.

April 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Mi nuh discriminate (OH)
Pretty girl gravitate (OH)
Daggering nuh postpone (OH)
With that said, prefer little, dont care about lots
And I feel very sorry for ugly girls
But, alas, sympathy does not equal consolation

April 28, 2011 at 6:09 PM

some very valid points there Derrie. i hear what you are saying Michelle-lee but why do you see the need to do so?

Al
April 28, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I really dont have a problem wit a female wearing make-up, but i have a problem with females wearing to much make-up. Come on now ladies, if you start looking like Ronald McDonald or any other type of clown it becomes a problem for me. i like when ladies try to keep the make-up to minimum, and go for that more natural look. Thats just me

April 29, 2011 at 12:53 AM

i think thats a lot of men it seems

Anonymous
April 29, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Well the only makeup i wear is eyeshadow n eyeliner n sometimes if i feel like i add a little mascara .... y? I love colours n I like to have a different look sometimes n heaven knows sometimes i cant be bothered n i dont even wear it for months so it's a feeling thing for me n thats how i even treat my nail polish!!! sometimes your skin just needs to breathe!!! the natural look works for me too ... as i sed it depends on how i feel n thats why i dnt even wear foundation or powder, dnt want anything weighing down my face n i'm not trying to hide any blemishes either, definitely dnt want to trick a guy!!! I must say though that it does accentuate some persons features n some men actually like to see their women in makeup so i guess it depends on the person/s!!!!! Love the last video ... dwl!!!

April 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

yea some men do although they seem to be in the minority. as far as u liking colors im sure ur clothes, nails, purse, and varioys accessories can more than make up for that.

Anonymous
April 29, 2011 at 5:43 PM

ha ha actually i make them all match somehow

April 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Well I don't wear it often and I'm too afraid of looking like a ghost to put on too much lol. But yea I can agree wid what ya saying.

April 29, 2011 at 8:04 PM

poll on What Do You Think Of Makeup? ended with 0 votes for Greatest Thing EVAR!!, 2 votes for nice option when needed, and 1 vote for not that important.

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits