Monday, April 11, 2011

This Is One Game I Would Like To Forget...

Gameplay - 8/10
Storyline - 10/10
Graphics - 7/10
Game Score : 25/30



Time for another game review; where do I begin? This game is truly one of a kind; I can honestly say I have not played a game like this before and that fact thoroughly enhanced the gaming experience for me even more. Amnesia: The Dark Descent was recommended to me by my long time friend MHOP; *not his actual name but when he or friends of ours read this big shout-outs*. After talking with my friend MHOP about this game and doing a little research I found that the thing that compelled me to review this game the most was the storyline. God he knows how I am a sucker for a good storyline; mostly I guess because I do some creative story writing of my own so I appreciate the effort. This game I must say has one of the best written stories for a survival horror game that I have seen in a long time. I almost wish it had a book so i could sit and read it all; it's so good its like a literary orgasm...


Anyways, Amnesia is a horror action adventure game that is stunningly well written and connects you with the main character in an astounding manner as the game progresses. Set in the year 1839, the game casts the player in the role of Daniel, a young man from London, who awakens in the dark halls of the Prussian Brennenburg Castle with little to no memory about himself or his past. All he can remember is his name, that he lives in Mayfair and that something is hunting him. Daniel's situation and additional information about the game events is found through diary entries and notes that the player can find during their journey, and flashbacks as Daniel recalls old memories of the castle. To give you a good idea of what this game is like feel free to plug in a pair of headphones and turnoff all the lights in your room as you watch game-play footage of the first five minutes of the game. I played like that at 4am in the morning and couldn't sleep until it was daylight...



The game setting and ambiance really plays a heavy role in the game-play experience and I totally recommend this game to any gamers out there. Another one of the innovative things about this game is the sanity system that they have for the character. If you stay in dark areas too long you lose your sanity also if you look in the direction of strange events occurring sanity is once again affected. As the sanity level decreases, visual and auditory hallucinations start to occur and you are noticed by monsters more easily. If you thought games like Dead Space and F.E.A.R. were scary you need to find a copy of Amnesia: The Dark Descent to play and then you will know what true horror is...


10 comments

April 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM

oh wow this is a bit creepy i like wud wana try it out man i need to start playing more games :s

chu ^_^

ps: i wud piss myself bt enjoy d game same way lol

Anonymous
April 12, 2011 at 1:50 AM

BEST GAME I've played to date that I've played in a while. (I finished it Saturday night/Sunday morning 10/April 2011 & have played many games). If you claim to play Survival Horror and have never played this, you are obviously a joke - until you play it XD.

Highly recommended
- .... . -... --- ... ...

Anonymous
April 12, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Damn... just saw the shout out.
Thanks bro.

Nuff Respect! (Double Post FTW?)

Luther
April 12, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I started playing the older penumbra games with similar mehcanics and I didnt really like it much thats why I didn't really try out Amnesia, but given the positive reviews, I might give it a go. This summer maybe.

April 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM

definitely worth the install if you are a fan of survival horror games

April 12, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Shout out to Mhop lol dude where have u been

April 12, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I declined to play this game becuz I believe that If I am going into the dark then I should be strapped like Rambo #firmbelief

April 13, 2011 at 3:59 PM

THIS SHiT right here nigga!!!....SeLLL Off

Tahnee
April 13, 2011 at 5:54 PM

RASS...... not a backside looks good but i aint playing.

April 13, 2011 at 8:51 PM

poll on After Watching The Gameplay Video Do You Think You Could Play This Game In Total Darkness At Night By Yourself..? ended with 4 votes for pissing themself

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits