Monday, March 21, 2011

What Could Have Been...

Gameplay - 2/10
Storyline - 8/10
Graphics - 8/10
Game Score : 18/30


Uggghhh.... I don't even know where to start. Ok, this game had some potential when I first heard about it. Homefront is set in a near future America in 2027 when a nuclear-armed Korean People's Army invades the USA. Given the current 'recession' in the United States taking place this was in my opinion a smart and innovative spin on current events that would give rise to an epic story and gaming experience; sadly this was not the case. This game is like Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci starting to paint the Mona Lisa and then just not putting in the initial effort he started with to finish it because he got distracting working on other inventions. I sure do hope the marketing team at THQ can do a great job swaying the public to buy their game cause its gotten mediocre reviews all around and this will be no different. Heres an introductory look into the start of the game...




Where do I start with my rant of this game, ahh yes the haphazard placement of weapons and ammunition. In a game of this genre with the premise of warfare and fast paced action why is it then that I seemingly cannot pick up one of the weapons from the many slain Korean soldiers I am killing? Why am I only allowed to use weapons at certain check points throughout the game? It just makes no sense... Then theres the grenade alert system in the game; a soldier hurls a grenade in your vicinity and it appears but you have little to no knowledge of what direction or distance it is from you. I lost count how many times I ran into the enemies bullets trying to get away from random grenades. Then of course there is the length of the single player campaign. I always heard girls explain why they feel unsatisfied at times when a guy prematurely ejaculates during sex when it just starts getting good but never really understood their pain. After playing through this game I can say I have a pretty good understanding of that feeling and boy do I feel unsatisfied. There was so much that could have happened from this storyline and timeline but I feel as if THQ focused too much on the multi-player aspect of the game. Maybe trying to be another Call Of Duty instead of putting more effort into developing the major protagonists of the campaign mode, leaving a multitude of unanswered questions and a certain level of detachment from the 'cinematic gaming experience' that they were striving for in the first place.
Bat Shit Crazy Partner In Arms (Cooper)
Honestly I don't want to end up going on one big rant bitching about all the stuff I hated while playing through this game because I know gamers vary but hell even friends that I had over watched me playing and couldn't believe some of the things I had to go through while playing. From the weird key mapping and in-game instructions to the mere fact they don't let you do something as simple as opening a door for yourself till like half way through the game. Homefront in my opinion just isn't that great a game which is a shame cause I think it really could have been deserving of being good and not just another attempt at reproducing the Call Of Duty series. This video should give you a pretty good idea of what I am talking about. Need to go get me that North American copy of Dissidia Duodecim 012 : Final Fantasy...



3 comments

Sly
March 21, 2011 at 11:52 PM

my only regret was not filming you play the game so u could post it with the blog....lmao yo people this is an angry man when the game stop make sense!

March 22, 2011 at 12:08 AM

man can i tell you. im just happy its over. but i hear there might be downloadable content coming out so may see where that leads and hope for the best

March 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM

poll for : Do You Find Door Kicking Jaw Droppingly Fun?

ended in 2 votes for yes and 1 for no

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits