Monday, December 17, 2012

Its The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year


Wow, didn't know you guys cared so deeply. I know you are happy it's Monday and you get a random topic blog post but try to show some composure people. So here we are gathered here today to share thoughts and opinions yet again. If you hadn't figured it out from the title of today's post we are going to be talking about Christmas today. Young or old for some reason or another Christmas is a time of year that appeals to so many people for so many different reasons. It really is the most wonderful time of the year...


So whether you are religious or not everyone has a reason typically to  look forward to the Christmas season. If you don't like this time of year you are considered a Grinch; i'll address that issue later on. So for some its remembering and celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for others its a holiday from work or school and even for some it means money for their business and their family. I think regardless of your reasoning or belief system at its core Christmas is a time for togetherness whether it be family, friends, or total stranger. You know the usual cliche goodwill towards all mankind and what not; because at the end of the day all we really need for a great Christmas is each other and that bond of humanity we share.


As far as i'm concerned I have been through all the applicable stage of Christmas joy and glad I got to:


  • Childhood - belief in Santa Clause and that the sole purpose of Christmas is to be rewarded for being nice and a good child all year. On a side note if you have kids or interact with kids don't rob them of this joy or the ability to connect with and socialize with other children by telling them there is no such thing as Santa Claus. Well unless you are religious; you guys are the exception cause you need to instill those values in your child from a young age for your respective religion whether it be for Christmas, Kwanzaa or Hanukkah. 
  • Adolescence - where I figured out it was my parents who were doing the gift buying all along and Christmas was just another holiday season break I got from having to go to school. This is also when you start appreciating such things as grand market night out on the town for Christmas eve. Being out with friends for fun times and lots of laughs feeling like you are an adult staying out late and what not. You still however try to hold on to a bit of that childhood behavior still expecting gifts from your parents even thou you claim your an adult and not a baby anymore.
  • Adulthood - Christmas now serves one of two purposes, getting to spend time with your family who you no longer see regularly because you are out in the world trying to make a living or additional expenses for having to buy gifts for people in your life. The latter can be a good or bad ting depending on your personality as you might have wanted to do it but didn't have the finances to be fore or it might be that you feel pressured into having to do it because you don't want to seem like an asshole. I thankfully fall into the good side of things and feel so much better about myself knowing I have a job that can afford me to buy gifts for the ones I care about the most.
  • Parenthood - the cycle has come full circle and now you gt to see your child through the very same stages you were blessed enough to experience. Ensure your children experience and cherish them as you did if not more so that the cycle can continue on for generations to come.


Now to address those so called Grinch's of Christmas who cant seem to just enjoy the season and wish cheer and goodwill to their fellowman. To put it simply you guys suck. I don't know who or at what potential stage in your life someone pissed in your cereal to make you hate Christmas; but you got some serious issues. If on the most festive happiest time of the year you can't find it in your heart to be a better person and in turn make the world a better place. So with that being said all I can say to you is...

Picture Supplied By An Awesome Anonymous Supporter ^_^

4 comments

Anonymous
December 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM

lol who knew u were so...JOLLY? I love me some christmas, for my family it's a great business season but also an excellent time to fellowship with others and be with family (the only time I feel up to tolerating those I love but don't particularly like). Of course I also love christmas because it is one of the only times in the year I am likely to be guaranteed a restful sleep from all the work I do in the holidays. Never been a big Santa believer but with a little sister I got to participate in that excitement as I tried as long as possible to keep her interested in the fat white guy who bring gifts (hard as hell to keep coming up with explanations year after year as to how Santa was able to deliver gifts and we didn't have a chimney). Rock on
Christmas.

December 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Well I have finally checked out your blog dude. Its hilarious!!! Btw I am a Grinch lol but who cares? I'll tell u where to stick tht finger next time I see u ;)

December 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

im not jolly; im festive. lol

December 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

see i told ya its entertaining. long time a tell you fi support the ting and help spread it round.

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits