Monday, November 26, 2012

Beggars Can't Be Choosers



Whats up with y'all? Another random Monday night blog here for your viewing pleasure; want to take this time to just make mention of a disturbingly growing trend I noticed of late. More and more beggars on the road these days are either grown adults or children seeking money for lunch, bus-fare or books. I know these are trying times for our nation of Jamaica but when did being a beggar suddenly become ok? I remember growing up and my parents told me that I should never beg because it was not proper. You know like how parents tell their kids not to talk to strangers or don't accept candy from random people; it was one of those kinda rules. Its like now I can't go a day or two without either seeing a mother with a baby begging or a kid in uniform approaching me calling me sir asking for bus-fare.



I'm a firmly against begging but I realize in our society it is inevitably due to world wide recession and dire straits that people face on a day to day basis. I however believe in compromise so if begging is the only avenue left available to you as an individual at least show me you are willing to work for what you want and not just expect society to hand feed you and provide money for you. We already do enough of that; its called paying taxes. Either entertain me or make me laugh but don't just expect that flaunting your child or feeding me some sob story deems you worthy of getting my hard earned money. See that guy in the video above, I would without a doubt give him money cause that shit is cool as hell.



Well with that being said i'll end my little rant here. Hopefully I never find myself in the position of a beggar but you can rest assured that ill be seeking deliverance from my dire straits and not just be looking for the nearest handout.

9 comments

Anonymous
November 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM

hear hear i agree

Al
November 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

lol Hate beggars too dude, but it has become an occupation now for some. like the guys who begs everyday at tai center.smh. Anyway, before i go i would just like to know why you have marlon in the picture at the top? lol am just saying

November 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

nah nuttin like that Al. we brothers so we think alike and medz on the same issues plaguing our society.

Anonymous
November 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Uhh yes u hit it right there. Random indeed, disappointinly short tonight. Of course u r correct nothing more annoying than a lazy beggar. Times r hard and as my dad would say give as long as u can cause u don't know who is genuine it's still annoying when they just stand there and stretch their hands out day after day. BTW - paragraph 1:line 11- kid not "kind". Yeah i got it know its a typo but...

November 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

yeah i know right. knew you of all people would pick up on that but yeah gotta switch it up sometimes cause some people say i write too much at times. lol

November 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Mini Rant:
when I was in Jamaica I kept hearing sentences beginning with "...beg u a..."
I HATED IT
I come from Brooklyn NY and out here we go off the mentality of "GET YA OWN NIGGA" However the flip side to this is we lend/borrow things (some may not return it) and we give freely to those who need...

That being said it was never in my nature to beg if i need something ill ask the bible says ask and you shall receive if
i dont receive i keep moving but kids these days ask and ask again like seh dem neva hear NO the first time
then they get mad when you bad them up and run dem
when you hear no after that a beg you a beg
#Done

November 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM

lol
#RealTalk

Anonymous
December 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I agree with most that was said, but honestly he gonna have to work harder than playing with some spoon to get my money.

December 5, 2012 at 9:22 PM

lol you gotta admit though thats some impressive spoon playing

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits