Friday, May 18, 2012

What Does It Take To Become Infamous?

Gameplay - 8/10
Storyline - 9/10
Graphics - 8/10
Game Score : 25/30

Well this week has been a pretty busy week for gaming in general; we got Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3. Sadly both of which I couldn't get my hands on so instead of just skipping out on this weeks review i figure I might as well recommend an oldie but goodie for you guys to play. Hopefully you have a Playstation 3 because this title is exclusively for PS3; Infamous, stylized as inFAMOUS or inFamous, is an action-adventure open world video game. It was developed by Sucker Punch Productions and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. The game was released internationally in May and June 2009.



In Infamous, the player controls the protagonist Cole MacGrath, a bike messenger caught in the center of an explosion that devastates several city blocks of the fictional Empire City. The explosion sends the city into chaos while Cole finds himself with new electricity-based super powers. Though the game's story follows Cole using his new abilities to restore some semblance of order to Empire City, the player is given several opportunities to use these powers for good or evil purposes in the game's Karma system. These choices ultimately affect character growth, the reaction of the City's populace towards Cole, and finer elements of gameplay and the story. 


In all honesty, I was never really gung ho about this game as many people claimed it was a ripoff of another game called Prototype but when Sony was giving it away for free as a part of their welcome back program I figured I would check it out. Best decision ever. Even though after playing both I can see the similarities it seems to me that prototype focused more on the action and combat where in contrast Infamous focused more on the story-line and character development. For someone like me who enjoys a solid story-line in their games this game was a god sent gift. This game delivered so many hours of fun I cant even begin to tell you; I enjoyed this game so much I am going to probably end up getting part two to play as well eventually to add to my collection. The surprise twist at the end of the game had my jaw on the floor in shock and i'm sure it will probably surprise you as well too. Like I mentioned before this game is a PlayStation exclusive so for those of you who aren't privy to one don't worry I got you all covered; enjoy...


Thanks For Stopping By

Credits