Monday, March 12, 2012

Bad Things Were Happening In Africa? *le gasp*


Pardon my sarcasm but I think my time online has made me very skeptical and cynical. So by now we should all know who this man supposedly is; if you don't then you must be cut off from the internet which if that's the case I don't know how you found my blog to be reading it now. Anywhore Joseph Kony has been brought to the foreground of public and private media as a tyrannical war lord who is seemingly running rampant in Uganda, kidnapping children and killing people all in the name of his army called the LRA (Lords Resistance Army). KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children (yes you read that right children who are fucking invisible) that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice. For the full breakdown of everything regarding this matter and its sudden meteoric rise to the foreground of the media watch this 30 minute video about the aforementioned subject.




Now I will admit I was and still am skeptical at first because at the end of the day there is a lot of shit people do and say on the internet that doesn't account for the truth. However after watching the video and hearing the general views of people for and against this video I gotta say it feels like it could potentially be a fake. Not trying to sound like an unfeeling bastard here it is what it is. Then again even if the organization is fake the cause might very well be real so there isn't much to lose from helping spread awareness regarding this subject. I for one though refuse to have my heart strings plucked into donating to a charity that supposedly only sends 35% of the funds donated to help the children in Uganda. It feels like too much of a coincidence that this which seems to have been going on for so long is somehow just coming to light in such a fast and major way. You would be a fool to not question this in the least somehow; this guy certainly questions the validity of it, and I dare say I agree with him:





2 comments

sly
March 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM

yh i saw it and did my own research on the matter and came to my own conclusion. Joseph kony is who they make him out to be, but that was some time ago, and as of 06 has not been active. bin laden wasn't active much after 911 but that never stopped them hunting him down 10yrs later for their justice, so i see it as the same thing being played out here. As for the organization they have had a lot of fire for being shady and if so then hey don't do business with them find your own charity. I like the spreading of awareness even if its in cold case fashion (bringing something to justice that happened yrs ago) that's why I did a pic about it in my life at uni current affair -> http://alturl.com/f6vkq . That's what i think still.

March 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

same shit dog jus a different day

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits