Monday, March 14, 2011

One Game To Rule Them All...

Gameplay - 9/10
Storyline - 9/10
Graphics - 10/10
Game Score : 28/30


Well nearly four years later after much waiting we are on the brink of Crysis 2. It's predecssor will forever remain the ultimate benchmarking game; many a machine have tried and failed to effectively run the first Crysis at the sixty frames per second of legend mark. After four years many gamers wonder if Crysis 2 will follow in it's footsteps and spur any to go out and buy newer PC's. I for one can say that for what its worth both Crysis 1 and 2 are truly visually stimulating and if you plan on playing these games I suggest doing so on a machine of the highest caliber or on console if that is out of your reach. 


Currently there is a multi-player demo out available for download (PC, PS3, XBOX360) and is free to play to satiate that itchy trigger finger of your. After much prodding and coaxing from people asking me about the game I figured I would set aside some time to give it a go and take a break from my other games and boy am I glad I did. The scenery and game play is simply breathtaking; I am positive without a doubt that this game will prove to be a strong competitor in the FPS genre this year against COD, Battlefield,and Halo franchises. The PC demo features two maps Skyline & Pier 17, coupled with two multi-player game modes to play: Team Instant Action and Crash Site. Team Instant Action pits two teams against one another in a team deathmatch style, while Crash Site has players defending alien drop pods like control points.


Feel free to head over to http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/1/demo for further information related to the demo and any questions you might have. If you don't have access to trying out this game for yourself I recommend making friends with someone who does because this is one experience you do not want to miss. With that being said be forewarned the learning curve for this game is pretty steep as you will pretty much be thrown head first into battle so there isn't much prep time to get acclimated to the flow of the game but once you get the hang of its subtle nuances i'm sure you be racking up headshots in no time. Not much else to say since its only a demo thats available so far so; full game release is slated for March 22. Cya in game....^_^




10 comments

Anonymous
March 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Strangely I am not that excited about this game, single player campaign will be gorgeous no doubt but I don't know it hasnt hooked me yet and I have spent a few hours in multiplayer I think Batlefield 3 will be the strongest competitor this year that is unless another COD is pooped out in record time, but Battlefield 3 is the prettiest game I have seen in a long while

-JaDedGamer

March 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

i agree with you on a certain level in terms of Battlefield looking better but i think thats more leaning towards the fact that Crysis isnt you typical military bang bang FPS but more sci-fi wierd. its easier i think to appreciate Battlefield in that light since it seems alot more realer and plausible.

Anonymous
March 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I played the first crysis and the jungle gameplay sucked the enemies always seemed to know where you were hiding even in the deepest, darkest jungle but at least it has some color and contrasting scenes with the frozen tropics and all of that, but i'm not so much looking forward to the greys or the frozen lifeless city, I will check it out but I will not expect much.

-JaDedGamer

March 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM

that is true. A.I. is always a bitch. i think with this one they wanted to go for a crisper more refined look hence y they chose the city scenery plus kinda didn't wanna follow like the other games and be in the jungle or like its predecessor and many other FPS games.

Anonymous
March 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Jungle warfare would be cool if someone could actually get it right, I would love to play that game and the only game that actually got it right was MGS3

-JaDedGamer

March 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM

well ill give you that. but also take into consideration that game is heavily stealth based i wud say so the A.I. logistics of it would be far more realistic and accurate to make you actually feel like you can effectively make use of cover and camouflage.

luth
March 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM

I actually liked the jungle warfare to tell the truth, i was a bit disappointed with the whole switch to the almost post apocalyptic atmosphere. Then again, I'll have to wait for the release to really see how good/bad it is.

March 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM

i for one agree with the idea of switching it up and going for a more refined and modernized look. i think the whole jungle warfare theme is just kinda played out now.

March 16, 2011 at 10:51 PM

poll for if Crysis 2 looked visually appealing enough ended with 2 votes for yes

Anonymous
March 23, 2011 at 4:39 PM

It should be good, I mean it's after Warhead which saw some great improvements to this ..... engine. Too bad I never got into it.

idT5 - Better bring some kind of Epic Win!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits