Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Achievement Unlocked...




Well its Monday yet again so you know what that means. Time for you to be regaled with the words that spring forth from the mind of my mind; and in other news I got a new kick-ass graph card. For you tech-affiliated people that care its a HD Radeon 6870; Google is your friend if you want to know how kick ass it is specs wise.....^_^ So basically what that means, is that you can expect to see a seemingly proper video game review from me on Friday; hopefully, if I don't get caught up out of town this week still celebrating. Which brings me to the point of today's random topic blog; my graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Science.


Gotta say I didn't exactly see this day coming; the first day I started school it was a totally different experience from what I thought it would have been. Typically one thinks about the parties, the girls, the freedom and the interactions you will have with people, whether in frat houses or the classroom in general. For me I had a huge weight on my mind wondering if I could live up to the expectations placed on me by my parents and society to not fail out and become a statistic; just another black guy not realizing his full potential. Thankfully after failing a course my first semester, I realized that I was the one holding my self back, and the sooner I stopped worrying about everything around me and did things my way, that I saw a dramatic turnaround in my school life. My single greatest piece of advice to anyone who is in school at whatever level is to find a system that works for you, regardless what others may be doing or saying; and remember that as important as the end result is its more important to appreciate all that happened along the way. Also whether you pass by an inch or a mile, the important thing is to pass, and not squander the investment made in you.


By no means am I a quality student, nor do I have all the answers to help you become one; but if I can graduate with a tertiary education then I feel anyone can; barring financial constraints of course. Hell i'm leaving with a 3.49 GPA and i'm a devout gamer; I skipped classes when new games came out that I couldn't wait to play. However I approached what little studying I did with the mindset that I was playing a just another game which had rules that could be bent or broken. At the end of each semester was a save point; as I progressed from being a freshman to a junior to a sophomore to being a senior; was just me gaining experience points and leveling up. Final exams were just the final bosses for the course. I am indeed happy for both the trials and tribulations I experienced; not to mention the friends and enemies that I made regardless of the circumstances that incurred those. They are what ultimately helped to mold me into who I am and I have no regrets in that regard. I know what I am and have never shied away from that; and even though I at times may falter and not live up to the high moral standards I want to hold myself to, I know that I am a Gamer; so i'm always winning... 

4 comments

August 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Loved this, new perspective on education I have NEVER considered. Must say great advice.

August 17, 2011 at 1:19 PM

thanks glad u loved it. feel free to share with others and share the blog as well.

August 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Epic Winning
Keep winning bro zalgo
i got 2 more check points to go
love this concept

August 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Poll on What Are You? ended with 1 vote each for Winner, Whiner, and Weiner.

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By

Credits